I Have Been Nominated for the Liebster Award!
What an honor! I am pleased and extremely honored to have been nominated for the second blogging award this month. I cannot begin to express the appreciation in my heart for all of you!
The beautiful and lovely ladies, Mel and Ann of yayas2cents.com have nominated me for the Global Aussie Liebster Award! I was speechless when Mel contacted me with the news. Thank you for such an honor. And thank you evermore for liking my blog enough to think of Ryder and me.
Mel and Ann have been friends for over 20 years. Together they started their sisterhood blog. These lovely, caring ladies created a safe chunk of the internet where women can come together and share their life experiences. Raising families and dealing with all the curve balls life throws our way, we all need support and encouragement. Mel and Ann know the importance sisterhood plays in life for women. And they are there to hear you out and help you through!
Their main goal at yayas2cent.com is to help parents of older children. An excerpt from their About Us page:
For now, our blog is going to be focusing on the teen years through college into adulthood. We’ll be sharing articles we’ve found that we think are helpful for you and we have written a few too. In addition, we have a Resource page that will highlight some of our favorite books, websites, other parenting blogs, recipes, and printables!
Go check out their blog! And make sure that you follow them on Facebook and Pinterest.
You can check out their Liebster Award post here. We were also nominated among some other absolutely awesome blogs. Go check them out! They are all awesome women ready to help you in many different life situations.
What Exactly is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award started in 2011 as a way to discover new blogs and get to know other bloggers. It is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers. Choosing to take part in the award is a great way to promote and network with your fellow bloggers.
I am only in my 4th month of blogging. I am still very new at a lot of things to do in the “Blogging Game”. However, I will tell you the one thing has rung clear in this short time. The blogging community is one of the kindest and welcoming group of people I have encountered.
Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. That being said, I wish I could just nominate every blogger I have come into contact with. But I will try to restrain myself. When choosing who to nominate, try to keep in mind the purpose of the award and the meaning of the name. Who do you see that really models the meaning of Liebster?
What do I do if I am nominated?
If you wish to accept the nomination, here is what you need to do. These come directly from the official rules page.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post, I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
- For 2018, Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Again this year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award the award.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste or simply link to the official post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
- Post a comment with a direct link to your post on the Official Award rules blog post. Check out and discover new blog by going through the comments.
My Nominations for the Liebster Award (In no particular order):
Every one of these blogs is beautiful in their own way. I love that all these women have an absolutely beautiful and important mission.
My Questions for Nominees:
- Would you rather paint a portrait or a fence?
- As a Blogger, how do you balance screen time and non-screen time in your life?
- Would you rather win a million dollars or never pay for anything again? Why?
- What is your biggest blogging pet peeve?
- If you were a can of soup, what kind would you be and why?
- How did your favorite teacher in school help you through life?
- Would you rather be a seed planted deep in the ground or a sunflower standing up tall towards the sun?
- What is a quote or mantra you try to live your life by?
What makes me passionate about blogging?
When I think about what makes me passionate about blogging, the first word to pop into my head is “possibility”. The possibility of:
- Helping other women heal
- Living a life with purpose and meaning.
- Leaving a legacy behind for my family.
I started blogging to be able to live a healthier life. One where I have more time freedom to travel and spend time living and learning as I please. Blogging to me gives hope that there is a better way to live and making a living than the 9-5 desk job. In these few short months, I feel like I have lived a rounder life. I have met as many amazing people in the blogging community. I can only imagine what other possibilities are in store.
Ten Random Facts About Me
- Lived in Washington State my whole life.
- I’m left-handed.
- I have a really bad sugar addiction
- If I could own all the Fluff Nuggets (fuzzy creatures) in the world, I would.
- Started swimming when I was 3 and then competing when I was 6.
- I love dancing. I have been a Polynesian Cultural Dancer since I was 11.
- I’m an INFP.
- If I could live out in the middle of nowhere (with WiFi), I would. 😉
- I find things in the survivalist genre to be interesting.
- I have never built a snowman. (Yup, sad. I know.)
My Answers to Mel & Ann’s Questions
Who do you plan to help with your blog?
I want to help single dog moms who suffer from depression and/or anxiety. I want to be a safe place for encouragement and information on how we can better our mental health by deepening our bond with our four-leggeds.
What blog motivated you the most to get started?
When I am at work I listen to YouTube videos. I found a few people that I enjoyed listening to while I was learning about blogging. But there was one lady who really got me excited. Her name is Allison Lindstrom of Allisonlindstrom.com. She was one of the first women I found that talked about making a blog into a business. I really enjoyed her personality and influence. So, I ended up buying her Blogging to Win workbook and course. Go check out her courses.(Aff)
What brings you joy?
For the sake of sounding redundant, my buddy Ryder. He is the light and the joy in my life. He has brought me so far out of my little introverted shell that he has me blogging. Ha.
Other than the obvious, I really enjoy warm weather. I probably appreciate it more since I have been in Washington my whole life. It is very gloomy here quite a lot. So, when the few summer days come, I really appreciate them!
Who inspires you?
I know she is probably sick of hearing it sometimes, but my best friend and roommate. We have been friends for 11 years now. She has been my rock for some of the hardest times in my life. She is a true inspiration to me. Even though she is only about a month and a half older than me, I truly look up to her. She is always the kindest person in the room. She is extremely intelligent and she has worked her tush off for all she has.
Where would you like to travel to? Why?
There are so many places I want to visit. Since I started dancing, I had always wanted to see the places that I know language and dance. Those would be Samoa, Tahiti, New Zealand and of course Hawaii.
Last year for my 30th birthday, I treated myself to a trip to Hawaii. I went to visit a very good friend of mine in Maui. Having Hawaiian blood from my father’s side, my heart has been on the Big Island since the day he took us back home.
I don’t think I will ever love Maui as much as I love the Big Island. But as I took off to head home, my heart ached. I told my friend that I had decided to move there. So, here I am a year and a month later. I am still working to make that dream come true.
What’s the best advice you’ve received?
I am very much a “Daddy’s Girl”. He passed 10 years ago now, but I still never how full of wisdom he was. For a very young age, he taught me so many life lessons that were way over my head at the time. However, as I grew up he voice rang clear in my mind as I went through certain life situations.
One of the most important advice he had given me was a little bit generic. But it is always useful in everyday life. He said you have to respect everyone. You have to respect who they are, even if they tell you they are a murderer. Show them respect. But the person who needs your respect the most is yourself. You are the one look have to look in the eye every day.
What is your favorite book or series of books that you have read in the last year?
So, I got on a dog kick this last year. Go figure, right?! I read The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. It was the first book I read that was in the perspective of a dog – I really loved it. I also loved that Garth was from Seattle. I felt like I was supporting local, I guess. So, I also picked up his book A Sudden Light. That was a great read, as well.
What do you wish you knew more about?
Languages have always intrigued me. If I had a superpower I would want to know any language at the drop of a hat. I studied Japanese for 3 years in high school. It has been wayyy too long to remember much of it because I have no way of using it. I also dove into learning more of the native Hawaiian language for my Senior Project in school. I still pick up a lot of vocabulary in my dancing Hula that helps keep some of the language fresh in my mind.
What are 3 words that someone would use to describe you?
Oh, boy. Three words that best describe me…Let’s see…
What is your secret talent?
My secret talent is that I seem to find the silver lining in everything. If it is a person, I find the good in people. If it is a situation, I will spin it around for the good. I like to be able to find a growing and learning opportunity in as much as I can. Life is too short for complainants or regrets. We all need to just live and look back at what has made us stronger.
A big thanks again to Mel and Ann for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I really look forward to getting to know you and other great bloggers out there!
Don’t be afraid to take a look around and find some other lovely blogs! Start a howl by leaving a comment below and tell me what your favorite new blog is right now.
Love your post and your blog! It’s a howling good time:)
Front Seat Ryder
Aaww. Thanks, Mel! You’re so pawsome. ?