I would love to welcome Crystal to the blog today. Crystal has been a long-time supporter of Front Seat Ryder. I have so blessed to share the love and have her talk to you today. Please give her a warm welcome.
YOU DECIDED TO GET A DOG, NOW WHAT?
Hi everyone and welcome. First, I would like to thank Front Seat Ryder for inviting me to contribute to her blog. I’m very appreciative of that.
My name is Crystal and I am a fellow blogger of Front Seat Ryder. I have two blogs. They are: CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE and WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE(ORIGINALLY COUNTRY LIVING). I assure you that these sites are more than just photo-blogging sites.
So you decided to get a dog now you go out and adopt, rescue or buy it — Right? Well not quite. Now you need to go and do several things before getting your dog. So what are those things? You need to do your research. Research, you ask and Why? You may think, I thought owning a dog would be easy and fun. The next step is being well prepared before you own your new dog. I’m here to help you be well prepared
What You Need To Do To Be Prepared
You need to:
- Decide on what breed of dog you are going to get.
- Do your research on the organization/breeder you’re getting your dog from. That includes:
- Checking the Better Business Bureau and check their ratings and reviews.
- Ask plenty of questions before getting your dog.
- If the organization seems sketchy and not on the level turn and walk away.
- If it seems like you know more about the dog than the organization or breeder that’s another sign you should walk away. We don’t want anything tragic happening to your dog.
- If you have a family and/or children, research and find out if the breed you want is children friendly.
- Is anyone in your household allergic to dogs?
- Are you traveling or working all the time? If so, you probably shouldn’t get a dog.
- Make sure you can afford to take care of a dog or a pet.
- Prepare for unexpected vet trips.
- Dog proof your home the best you can(leash, muzzle, etc…).
- Get a Pine log(this will help curb chewing and is healthy for the dog. Comes vet recommended).
- Make a First Aid kit for your pet. In this case a dog.
- Once you get your dog be sure to get them spayed or neutered.
- Get your dog microchipped(this will help if your dog gets loose and runs away if there is a tornado, hurricanes, typhoons, earthquakes, etc…).
- After getting your dog you will also need to get your dog to the vet for its first vet checkup, shots and anything else your vet suggests.
- Once all this is done, you and your dog can have fun in a nice sized backyard and/or dog park or park then afterward, you can bathe him.
Important Question For You
After reading all you have to do, do you still want that dog? A Dog or any pet for that matter takes a lot of work so make sure you can give it a lot of attention. If you can’t give a lot of attention, you may want to rethink your decision about getting a dog. Yes, you may disappoint your children if you have any but I assure you, if you can’t give the dog the attention it deserves then you’re better off not getting a dog until you’re sure you can not only afford a dog or dogs but give the dog the attention it deserves.
So obviously we have seen the decision to get a Dog is an important one and not one you should rush into. If some do rush into this important decision and go ahead and get a dog then find out they can’t take care of it instead of something tragic happening to the dog or dogs, there are many animal shelters and kennels that will gladly take the Dog or Dogs and try to find them a home where someone can take care of them.
So have you learned anything after reading this post? I hope so. It’s always better to ask for help than be cruel to animals.
Thank You once again Front Seat Ryder and Everyone for being so kind and welcoming me and reading my guest post. It really means a lot to me.
Great points. Article turned out well. Looking forward to hearing everyone’s comments.
Front Seat Ryder
Thank you again for chating with us!! 🙂
Sure I enjoyed writing for you.